FANDOM


Star Wars: Forgotten Ones
SW-Forgotten-Ones
GM AliciaG
Era Rebellion
Start Date 10 Nov 2014
Star Wars

The Forgotten Ones

Blue Book: Shi Krem

The war between the Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems has waged on for three long years. Each side has one its battles, but the war’s outcome is yet unclear. On the Separatist allied planet Delna, enemy forces have been pushed back, but there is much left to accomplish. Jedi Shi Krem has been called to put her talents to the test….

[Pan to a Republic transport carrier descending from the protection of a Republic Destroyer through the atmosphere. Delna, a tropical paradise, has been the latest victim of the war against the Confederacy and the Republic. Fires rage rampant in the large forest from the latest battle.]

Alicia G (GM): You’ve been sent to the tropical planet Delna, though without the usual support of the battalion placed under your command by Jedi General Arligan Zey. Stepping off the transport, oddly alone, you’re greeted only by the organized bustle of the drop point nestled in one of the few clearings large enough to support the encampment. The drop ship’s clone pilot waits patiently for Shi Krem to disembark as well the small amount of supplies sent down with her, before lifting off to presumably return to the cruiser in orbit.



Shi Krem kneels down to the backpack laid against the side of the crew bay, quickly rustling through to to take stock of her supplies, mentally cross referencing it with the supplies she'd requested in the first place. Seeing everything is presumably in order, she taps her earbud, patching into the pilot's feed as she disembarks. "Stay safe and keep your eyes peeled, I was reading reports of scattered Separatist interceptors in the area." She gives a salute to the pilot as he takes off. Securing the backpack snugly she scans her surroundings, the motion goggles sweeping across the landscape.

Story Teller: The pilot returns it before proceeding to the next phase of his orders. Around her, the crew of the drop site about their business at a respectful distance. It's only by taking careful stock of her surroundings she sees someone watching her from the cross the bay. Leaning against the post of one of the prefabed structures is a slight Human girl. Her look of apparent amusement seems almost out of place in the bustle of the clearing.



Shi Krem takes a second to go through her mission parameters again. [cue exposition]

Story Teller: You've been tasked to assist the command on Delna in what ever manner seems fit. You've been sent without your usual battalion as a test of your ingenuity to make use of what resources are available to you. Your contact is another Jedi, however Zey seemed to purposefully exclude the pertinent information as to who exactly that Jedi would be.



Shi Krem hmms to herself a bit, reaching out to the force to try and pinpoint this jedi contact, though she suspects she already has an idea of who it is.

Story Teller: roll UTF

Shi Krem:

Use the Force 34



Story Teller sends secret roll

Story Teller: (To GM) rolling 25

25

= 25

Shi Krem: [can also reroll that if need be because species]

Story Teller: no need

The game apparently up, the Human girl starts to make her way over to Shi Krem. As she gets closer, Shi Krem gauges her to be about the same age. The amused smirk as she gets closer turns more into a look of determination as if with each step she grows more serious in thought.



Marina Numa stops just a couple paces from Shi, "Shi Krem?" Holding out her hand, she waits for the Kel Dor to take it. "Welcome to Delna."



Shi Krem dips her head slightly as a show of respect, grasping her hand firmly. "A pleasure to meet you..." [insert pause where she fills in her name]

Marina Numa: "Oh.. Marina.. Marina Numa."



Marina Numa smiles sheepishly as she realizes her mis manners.

Shi Krem: "A pleasure to meet you, Ms. Numa [numa]. Pardon my bad manners, but I was sent here to lend aid, could you brief me on the situation?"



Marina Numa nods and motions for Shi to follow her towards the prefabricated buildings set up in between the dense tree trunks of the nearby forrest. "Sure.. well about a week ago our forces arrived, it was a bit difficult at first to gain a foot hold." She pauses to step over a protruding root. "Now, however, we've not only gained the foothold, but we have the Delnian and Seperatist forces retreating."



Shi Krem follows along closely to her side. "Quite an impressive feat for only having been here a week. I daresay I'm not even needed here, though there's always more to the story, isn't there?"



Marina Numa shrugs and with her amused grin adds, "Well.. I wouldn't want to spoil Commander Drega's briefing speech."

Shi Krem: "Ah I see. Could you tell me more about Commander Drega, in that case?"

Marina Numa: "I don't really know him that well, having just met him for the first time yesterday. He's the Marshal Commander that's been responsible for the current battle stratagem. Doing a remarkable job against the odds."

Alicia G (GM): btw I think I forgot to mention, but you haven't taken your trials yer

Shi Krem: [mmkay i was unclear about that]

"Ah, so you were all expecting a rougher fight? Truly a testament to the Commander then if things are going this well for you."



Marina Numa gestures to the dense forest as she leads you through the maze of trees. "Well.. look at this place. Enough for anyone not native to this planet to get lost in it. A big advantage for the native Delnians."



Marina Numa finally stops outside one of the prefabed shelters where two clone troopers stand guard outside. She nods to them and they step aside. With a broad sweep of her hands she gestures Shi to go in first.



Shi Krem nods and gives a quick little twp finger hand gesture to the troopers as she enters the command structure.

Story Teller: Commander Drega stands in the center looking over a holo projection of the surrounding area. Marking placed in various locations indicating things of note including the current troop movement. His helmet rests on the table beside him, the yellow markings on his helmet and armor indicating his rank of Marshall Commander.



Marina Numa lightly clears her throat and when Drega turns gives him a smart salute. "Jedi Shi Krem as requested." Her tone more of a subordinate than that of one in equal rank.

Story Teller: Drega nods, "Welcome, Commander. Wish we were in better circumstances for a proper exchange of pleasantries." He turns and indicates the map.



Shi Krem stands stout with her arms folded behind her against the small of her back, seeing the pleasantries skipped she quickly closes the distance between her and the map. "From what I was told by Ms. Numa, it sounded like you all had the Separatists on the run. What seems to have changed?"

Story Teller: "The offensive is commencing as planned. A number of choke points along our path of advance have been discovered by forward scouts. One of these is a small complex of bunkers, located here." He points to the holo graphic map indicating a section where the dense trees give way to a clearing. "While I’d just as soon sow the area with artillery, Command would like us to search the complex for valuable supplies and intelligence. This means I need to send a team in to map the place up." He looks between Marina and Shi. "That team is you."



Shi Krem nods, taking in the complex laid out on the map. "Understood, does intel specify troop composition and density?"

Story Teller: "Recon team 05 has been on the scene for a number of hours now, and I’m sure they’re tired of waiting. They’ll tell you what you need to know."



Marina Numa leans in to get a closer look of the map as well. She doesn't seem too thrilled about the mission but doesn't say anything. "Grid coordinates 2 G Deltan," she says and then turns on her bracer marking it on her own grid.



Shi Krem nods, a hand grasping the bottom of her mask as if it were her chin in a pondering manner. "Understood. We'll infiltrate the compound and tag anything of note. I'd also like to plug in a data spike to their data network to download all of the data to your servers here, before they have a chance to start erasing it should we be detected."



Shi Krem stands back up straight. "Once the primary objectives are completed we'll signal for you to begin your assault while we eliminate their commanders."

Story Teller: "Very good. We'll wait for your signal to proceed with our advance."

"There's a transport standing ready to take you both to the site."

Shi Krem: "Excellent, We'll depart in five minutes." She turns on her heels to leave. She pauses and looks back. "Oh, it was a pleasure to meet you, Commander."



Marina Numa follows after another smart salute to the Commander.



Marina Numa stands now with Shi outside the command center. "Well then, fearless leader..." She jokes rocking back and forth on her heels. "What would you like to do with the next five minutes?"



Shi Krem scans their surroundings for a shaded spot away from the hustle and bustle of the camp. "I always give myself time before a mission to commune with the Force."



Marina Numa raises and eyebrow but nods in acceptance. "Well then. I'm going to make sure everything is ready with the transport."



Shi Krem nods. "Excellent, I'll catch up to you." She departs for her mediation spot.

Story Teller: Shi Krem finds herself a quiet place to meditate and after awhile manages to find her way back to the drop site where Marina is joking with their transport's clone pilot.



Shi Krem feels refreshed after her brief communion. She approaches them at a slow walk, "Everything in order?"



Marina Numa nods as the pilot and gunner get into position in the covered speeder. "All set."



Shi Krem nods as she embarks. "We're going to be rendezvousing with Recon Team Zero-Five to receive their report. You'll then return them to base."

Story Teller: The speeder bursts into action once everyone is aboard, the pilot acknowledges the order. "ETA 30 minutes.".

Shi Krem: [how far away is the mission area from the base?]



Marina Numa leans back against her seat letting her eyes close for a moment before turning to look at Shi Krem.

Shi Krem: [if its more than 50km, aka out of the range of a normal comlink, pretend i told the scouts to hold near the max range of our coms to relay our attack order]

Story Teller: About 150 KM but the speeder is obviously not gong as fast as it could in the midst of the dense forrest. Enough of a path has been cleared, but just enough

Alicia G (GM): Let's take a 15 minute break.. want to get some ice cream and let the dogs out

Shi Krem: [right, lemme type up the revised order while youre gone]

"We're going to rendezvous with Recon Team Zero-Five and receive their report on the enemy's numbers and defenses. After that you're going to take the team and speeder somewhere off the path and bed down in the jungle. Our comms can't make it back to base, so you're going to be lying in wait for our attack order and then relay it back to base. Confirm to me that the order was received and then take yourselves and the recon team back to base."

Alicia G (GM): I have to resist the urge to eat a tub of this ice cream everytime I eat it

Shi Krem: [what kind?]

Alicia G (GM): Homemade's black raspberry chip

Shi Krem: makes grabby hands

[my dinner tonight was a hot pocket]

Alicia G (GM): it's freaking amazing. I've turned my fiance onto it

I made us tacos

Shi Krem: [but its not tuesday]

Alicia G (GM): we had ground turkey we had to use and all we had in the pantry to use with it was taco mix

Shi Krem: [...ill let your disrespect of taco tuesday slide, this time]

Alicia G (GM): actually for us, Tuesday is pasta... it used to be we would go run on Tuesday so we needed the carbs

Shi Krem: [1]

Alicia G (GM): heh, that works

alright then,,,

Story Teller: The order to wait for the attack order before taking the scouts back to base is confirmed by the pilot and gunner, and during the trip Marina and Shi are left to their own devices. The transport while not large enough to take a whole platoon to the front, it does make for a cozy ride for a small squad.



Marina Numa seems to go through her own pre battle ritual, a mx of breathing exercises and subtle stretches, every now and then Shi catches Marina glancing at her in mild curiosity. As if sizing up Shi's capabilities.



Shi Krem sits stock still in her seat, eyes closed (not that you could tell through her goggles) as she focused on a sort of pre-battle meditation, keeping her senses alert for any sort of trouble during their journey.

Marina Numa: "Not one for chit chat, are you?" she asks after several minutes.

Shi Krem: She remains facing forward. "My apologies, I try to focus on the mission as much as possible."



Marina Numa shrugs acknowledging the point. "The way I see it.. we have a teammate we know very little about. Hard to get a mission done when you don't know anything about them." She smirks. "Unless you were going to rely on the Force to get us through."



Shi Krem nods. "Ah, I see. In that case let's use this time to get to know one another. Ask away."



Marina Numa leans back in her seat once more, "What was your last assignment?"

Shi Krem: "Unfortunately, that's classified."

Marina Numa: "In broad terms then."

Shi Krem: "It was a covert intel recovery and high priority target acquisition."

Marina Numa: "Covert Ops, eh? Interesting."



Shi Krem nods. "I command Zero-Seven Commando of the Special Operations Brigade under General Zey."

Marina Numa: "Impressive. Still a Padawan and already commanding a Brigade. I can see where you get your infinity for barking commands."

Shi Krem: "Did it come off as barking? I meant no disrespect. Anyways, what about you?"

Marina Numa: affinity* (But I think you knew what I meant. FIance got home brb)

"Afraid it's classified." She smiles. "Let's just say my skills recently have also geared toward the covert ops, but with more explosions involved."

"Technically I'm supposed to be undercover right now, but General Zey managed to borrow me for this op."

Shi Krem: "Ah, demolitions. You'd have fun chatting with Strikes over different explosive compositions. And it sounds like you lead just as interesting of a life as I do."

Marina Numa: "Hmm, more so now that I can choose my missions."



Marina Numa adds with a shrug, "For the most part anyways."



Shi Krem nods. "Is there anything else you'd like to know? I believe there's a few more minutes before our rendezvous."



Marina Numa raises an eyebrow "You're in charge here, I'd thought you would want to go in with as much information as possible."

Shi Krem: "You're a Jedi, I trust your ability to get the job done, which is all I need to know. Unless there's something you wish to tell me...?"

Marina Numa: "Oh about that... I'd appreciate it if knowledge of me being a Jedi didn't leave this speeder. I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up my previous op once all this is over with."

Shi Krem: "Understood."



Marina Numa smiles at Shi and during the last few minutes of the ride she pulls out the blaster from her holster and checks it over. AS the speeder slows down she looks out the view port. "Well it her it goes."



Shi Krem disembarks from the speeder first and quickly gets a lay of the land.

Story Teller: The forward post at the coordinates isn't much to look at, and if you hadn't been looking for something, the roughly built shelter meant more for camouflage than cover would have been missed. Marina doesn't wait for Shi, but heads for the shelter.



Shi Krem quickly catches up, following her inside.

Story Teller: Inside two Humans await, after quick introductions (Lev Palik is the resident sniper, with Wren Cristol as his spotter) the two forward scouts give the pair of Jedi the lay of the land.

Alicia G (GM): modifiend the map some.. sec



Shi Krem makes note of weapon emplacements and patrol patterns.

Alicia G (GM): alright then... you may want to zoom out

Story Teller: Lev explains that the bunker is just up ahead in a clearing. A number of droids and Delnians have taken refuge in there, but the exact number is unknown. There are however two turret emplacements defending the bunker which will make any approach difficult.

Lev and Wren have identified a possible entrance hidden between the two emplacement bunkers, but getting there will involve exposure to fire.



Shi Krem inquires further about this hidden entrance.

Story Teller: The entrance is concealed to appear like natural deviations. Lev points to a cleft between the rock face as an indication as to where it is



Shi Krem inquires further about the exact sources of this blaster fire.

Story Teller: He indicates the rock facings on either side of the cleft, but from here you can't see the bunker or the possible entrance.

Shi Krem: "Thank you two for your intel, it will prove invaluable. Anything to add, Ms. Numa?"

Marina Numa: "Believe you covered it, Commander."

Shi Krem: "Excellent. You two are to pack up here and board the speeder. They'll brief you while you get some distance from here. Move out." She turns on her heel and exits the shelter, intending on finding some high ground to observe the bunkers visually.

Story Teller: The two snipers look between each other. Lev informs Shi, "We have orders to hold position and continue our observations until we hear otherwise from Commander Drega."

Shi Krem: "And I am in command of this mission. I do not want you two this close to the enemy while we are inside, you risk alerting them to some kind of trouble. I need you with the speeder ready to relay our attack message."

Story Teller: They seem about to argue, but Marina grabs them by the shoulder and shoves them in the direction of the speeder. "Ack, go on. You heard the Commander's orders." After gathering their gear, the do indeed go.

As the two Jedi observe the bunker, their goal for the mission resides in the minds. Will they find the recon information and supplies Command is hoping for? Find out Next Time!

Shi Krem: [awwww]

Sunny: Well that was fun

Alicia G (GM): yup

we'll pick up tomorrow

Sunny: How'd I do? :33

Alicia G (GM): Fairly well, hopefully once we introduce the other cast you'll feel more up to the RP aspect. There tends to be quite a bit of PC RP

Sunny: oh yeah i wasnt actively trying to avoid RP or anything

its just a side effect of her character

Alicia G (GM): well, hopefully displacement makes her a bit more open then :)

how do you feel about things so far?

Sunny: es gud, 10/10 would play again

Alicia G (GM): glad to hear it.. next part is more action packed

Sunny: im already noticing things im gonna need to work on mechanics wise

Alicia G (GM): ya?

Sunny: i forgot to train athletics

since you combined jump swim and climb

Alicia G (GM): not entirely necessary, you can still do those things untrained, just not as good. Especially with low STR

I rarely see people take it

Sunny: MMmyeah but its silly to have a jedi that isnt capable of scaling a wall

or jumping across a ravine

Alicia G (GM): surge ftw

Sunny: also that force talent force perception

Alicia G (GM): Anyways, I'll make the exception this once since you're new to the system and just getting going, but usually you have to wait till you level to retrain

Sunny: hmm?

Nah im not gonna retrain ill just deal with now

Alicia G (GM): normally you WOULD have to wait

Sunny: yeah, i dont want any special treatment so ill just wait till we level to sink a feat into skill training

anyways it was fun and i look forward to tomorrow

any others gonna be joining us?

Alicia G (GM): alright. see ya then. Not sure. Likely during the afternoon

not at this time. Strictly you and me right now

Sunny: cool beans

Alicia G (GM): Alright before we begin I'd like you to summarize what happened last time

Sunny: I met Numa and the Commander, learned im here to assist with securing any intel and supplies before we assault this compound

Alicia G (GM): alright then... Sound off!

Shi Krem: Swiggity swag.

Last time on Forgotten Ones

Shi Krem has been sent to the planet Delna to assist the efforts in fighting the Separatist forces. Upon arrival she met fellow Jedi Marina Numa and Marshal Commander Drega. After a brief she was sent to a bunker on the frontline where she was tasked to lead a mission to recover information and supplies. Arriving to the grid coordinates she’s met by the two forward scouts who have been on site. Receiving their intel Shi and Marina are left alone to devise the next part of their operation.



Shi Krem is leading them closer to the compound to an overlooking hill or climbing a tree to get a better vantage point.

Story Teller: how close are you getting? Trying to be stealthy?

Shi Krem: The bare minimum needed to make out individual guards around that secret entrance that was mentioned.

Story Teller: Well, you'd know that point blank range of the emplacements is 30 sqs but it's hard to see clearly past 10sq

Shi Krem: So could I see clearly with minimal chance of detection from like, this tree?

Story Teller: You could attempt to make it there stealthily but yes, that would be a good vantage point



Shi Krem relays the gameplan to Numa. "Right, we're going to get a vantage point on the entrance and from there I should be able to devise a way past their guard."



Marina Numa nods. "I'll follow behind best I can, but I'm not exactly the stealthy sort. May be best for me to stay back some so I don't blow your cover."



Shi Krem nods her head, pulling the hood of her cloak up which triggers the active camouflage. She sets forth towards the predetermined tree.



Story Teller sends secret roll

Story Teller: (To GM) rolling 28

28

= 28

Story Teller: Make 6 stealth rolls

Shi Krem: Thats how many it takes to get to the tree?

Stealth 18

Story Teller: you can only move 6 sq at a time

Shi Krem:

Stealth 30

Stealth 23

Stealth 30

Stealth 23

Stealth 20

[Well at least it wasnt a 1]

Story Teller: Making your way slowly across the field, you move from outcropping to tree and back, until finally you make it to your destination.

Alicia G (GM): 1 isn't auto fail in Saga

only on attacks

Shi Krem: [oh really? nice]

Alicia G (GM): same for 20s on skills

Story Teller:

Stealth 15

Perception 31

Stealth 20

Stealth 8

Stealth 12



Shi Krem uses her new vantage point to observe the emplacement.

Story Teller:

Stealth 19

ok.. roll Perception

Shi Krem:

Perception 14

[+5 against moving targets]



Marina Numa follows behind, though it surprises Shi she's able to make it at all as it sounds at times that a herd is moving behind her. Fortunately, you were both far enough away that the bunker's guards, if any, likely didn't notice.

Story Teller: You don't see any guards on patrol outside of the bunker, and no sign of the emplacement bunkers the scouts has mentioned in their intel

Perception 30



Marina Numa looks out as well and then points out the location of the emplacements.

As you advance through the underbrush, you suddenly notice a line of darkness in the hillside ahead. Halting, you examine the uncanny gloom further. You can just make out the barrel of a blaster protruding from the shadows, panning back and forth in search of targets.



Shi Krem checks the timing between the two turret's panning, to see if they leave any blind spots.



Marina Numa pauses as she notices the door in between the two emplacements. "Looks like their intel was dead on. Probably wouldn't have spot it had they hadn't given us an idea where it was."



Shi Krem nods. "I'm looking to see if there's a gap between their panning for us to slip through." She whispers back.

Story Teller: For the moment it seems the panning is automated, but more than likely there's someone back behind ready to take control of the emplacement. The current leaves the door unprotected for just a couple seconds.

current panning*

Shi Krem: "How good are you at making distractions?"



Marina Numa grins, "Depends on what sort of distraction."

Shi Krem: "Anything to interrupt their scanning long enough for me to make it to the door."



Marina Numa starts rummaging through her pack, "Hmm, I have a flash bang. Would be enough to distract one of them."

Shi Krem: So are the turrets built into the wall like a normal bunker emplacement?

Story Teller: bunker emplacements

Shi Krem: Is it readily apparent how much field of view any occupants in the bunker have?

Story Teller: Not really

Shi Krem: Would it be possible to sneak right up to the bunker and sort of hide right against the wall?

Story Teller: You might be able to...

not saying the same for Marina

Shi Krem: "Right, I think I have an idea. It's gonna involve you staying here though. I'm going to sneak right up to the turret and hide in its deadzone directly underneath it, then you're going to radio me when the opposite turret is pointed all the way north so I can slip around the corner and make it inside. I'll take out the emplacements and then signal when it's all clear for you."



Marina Numa nods and hands offers the flash bang. "Just in case."



Shi Krem shakes her head. "If that doesn't work I want you to flashbang the north emplacement and get inside while the southern one is focused on me."

Story Teller: The emplacement openings are 1m wide by 20cm wide



Shi Krem is gonna wait until the southern turret is pointed all the way south in its arc before she takes a -10 to stealth to move double her speed to here:



Marina Numa nods again. "Roger. That's assuming of course that it will be a direct route without running into hostiles once inside...."

Shi Krem: "I'm sure you can manage."

Story Teller: Make your Stealth

Shi Krem:

Stealth 20



Story Teller sends secret roll

Story Teller: (To GM) rolling 20

20

= 20

Story Teller: Go ahead and move

By the time she's noticed she's already made it to the blind spot underneath the emplacement, however the other turret begins to quickly pan to cover it's partner.

Shi Krem: [ooooh dynamic vision]

So the northern turret pans all the way down enough to see her?

Story Teller: It'd know in general where you are



Shi Krem wastes no time in continuing forward sneaky beaky like to get inside the little dugout portion out of the way of the panning turrets.

Round 3

Round 4

Story Teller: Initiative.. to do this, select your token and then use the roll button near the top of the sheet

Rolling for Turn Order 19

Shi Krem: [Oh did my stealth fail?]

Story Teller:

Rolling for Turn Order 24

Shi Krem: [also i use UtF in place of init so?]

Story Teller: I rolled a 20 as well

ok.. so for your init skill, turn it into a UTF by making the ability CHA and adding the other modifiers

Shi Krem:

Rolling for Turn Order 33

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Sunny

Shi Krem: [damn thats fancy]

Alicia G (GM): it's lovely being a mentor :)

there's a macros in your settings to End turn or you can type !eot

hmm.. missing the turn marker though



Shi Krem gonna move quickly to get inside that little divot thing where the door is.

Shi Krem: [Is this far enough in to be out of LoS of the turrets?]

Story Teller: yes



Shi Krem draws her lightsaber, keeping it unlit, as her swift action and uses a second move action to carefully enter the doorway.

Shi Krem: [man diagonal movement is brutal in this]

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Story Teller: As you enter, you see there's no illumination inside other than that offered by your lightsaber



Shi Krem kept her saber unlit but has lowlight vision.

Story Teller: Just remember you have low light... Means you can see in the shadows so expanded your vision



Shi Krem can pop a glowrod if its too dark for lowlight.

Story Teller: oh. saber isn't lit then?



Shi Krem radios back to Numa. "I think they may have spotted me, but I got in their deadzone too quickly for them to open fire, hold position."

Shi Krem: Yeah its unlit.

[since it does make noise right?]

Story Teller: right.. and there yo go.. it's dark so you can't see anything



Shi Krem pops the aformentioned glowrod and attaches it to her waist.

Story Teller: The tunnel you've entered is 1m high 1m wide, requireing you to crouch. (This results in half movement inside the tunnels)

Shi Krem: [oh. a glowrod is a flashlight. I thought it was like a glowstick]



Marina Numa responds over the comms. "Roger, I'll hold position here."

Alicia G (GM): indeed. more a flashlight

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Alicia G

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Sunny

Round 1

Round 2

Story Teller: Out of Initiative for right now

Alicia G (GM): tough in hindsight shouoldn't have deleted them all



Shi Krem holds glow rod in her offhand as her main hand is around her saber hilt, she slowly crawls forward, keeping her motion tracking running and her ears perked.

Round 3

Shi Krem: [was this entrance a door door? cause this feels more like a ventilation shaft]

Story Teller: As you move further in, you see that it;s the norm for the corridors in this place



Story Teller sends secret roll

Story Teller: (To GM) rolling 22

22

= 22



Shi Krem hangs a right, flicking the glowrod off quickly.

Story Teller: How stealthily are you moving?

Shi Krem: As stealthy as possible while crawling through a tunnel.

Story Teller: roll stealth then

Shi Krem:

Stealth 22

Story Teller: "Hello? Who's out there?" someone calls from the room.

"Ugh go to sleep. Probably one of this tin cans."

There's an amount of grumbling following this statement as those within seem to shuffle back into sleep



Shi Krem moves further down the passage to the right, creeping ever so slowly and hoping the shadows provide her with some extra cover.

Story Teller: You can move a couple sqs at a time if you're sneaking

Shi Krem: [What do I know of the Delnanians who I was told were aiding the separatists?]

Story Teller: The native populace who allied themselves with the cause. Have a good understanding of the land so have made what victories they've had possible. They're a Human offshot

Shi Krem: [Aka not so short corridors this size are normal]

Story Teller: Well you never really asked about the Delnians before :)

Shi Krem: [shit]



Shi Krem slinks around the corner, sticking to the shadows at the edges of the room

Story Teller: roll stealth

Shi Krem:

Stealth 30



Story Teller sends secret roll

Story Teller: (To GM) rolling 12

12

= 12

This large, dismal room contains orderly rows of cots and accompanying footlockers. Two fusion lanterns dangle from the ceiling, dimly illuminating the area. The smell of close quarters living is strong. The sleeping Delnians don't notice as Shi enters into their midst.



Shi Krem quickly scans the room for anything of note, IE that stands out from a normal barrack.

Story Teller: There's enough cots, you count, for 12 inhabitants.

Shi Krem: Can I look to see if any of the unoccupied cots look as if theyre used, messed up sheets, unlocked footlockers, etc.

Story Teller: Other than that, nothing abnormal about the barracks. You do get your first good look of the Delnians though. They are a bit shorter than the average human.

The place itself is a mess and seems at one point or another all the cots have been used. As for lockers, you would have to check each one since its hard to tell in the gloom



Shi Krem makes a mental note and creeps towards that second passageway right next to that Delnian.

Story Teller: Stealth and move



Story Teller sends secret roll

Story Teller: (To GM) rolling 14

14

= 14

Shi Krem:

Stealth 21

Story Teller: You manage to creep by undetected



Shi Krem creeps forward another feet feet before igniting her glowrod forward, careful to keep from shining back on the sleeping occupants.



Shi Krem stops at the corner and peeks around it quickly, only shining the glowrod down the corridor for an instant.

Story Teller: In just a glimpse you can see another room just down the hall



Shi Krem turns the glowrod off again and creeps through the shadows down the corridor.

Shi Krem: Oh I forgot to ask, do the rooms have higher ceilings than the corridors?

Story Teller: 2m

Rooms aren't difficult terrain

Shi Krem: So its so dark even lowlight vision only gives me like a square of vision?

Story Teller: lowlight still requires you to have light to see

if you had darkvision you'd see in the dark but need light to see color

lowlight just allows you to ignore concealment provided by low light conditions

pretty much see into the shadows



Shi Krem creeps along square by square since she's basically feeling out the path ahead, she takes extra precaution to muflfe the sound of her shuffling.

Shi Krem: Do my motion sensing goggles still highlight moving targets through the darkness?

Story Teller: hm

only if the target moves I suppose it could

ouch.. the +2 actions to go up CT really sucks

means you have to spend 5 swift actions to move up the condition track

Shi Krem: [Yeah thats a little painful, but i hope to remedy that with a force talent to spend a force point to just flat out go +2 up CT]



Shi Krem waits at the end of the corridor to see if her goggles pick up any movement or if she can hear any sort of activity.

Story Teller: Roll stealth

Shi Krem:

Stealth 36

Story Teller: Nice, you don't detect any movement

Shi Krem: Do I hear any like, shuffling around or the like?

Story Teller: Roll Perception, as a hint, you can roll UtF in conjunction with Perception as a swift action to ignore concealment (aka darkness)

Shi Krem: Ah, so roll both?

Story Teller: UTF: DC 15 ignores concealment, DC 20 ignores total cover

yup

Shi Krem:

Perception 14

Use the Force 23

Story Teller: Reaching out with the Force to aid your senses you can sense that there's something in the room with you, but you aren't sure what

Shi Krem: What about general direction?

Or is it just "in the room with you"

Story Teller: You can't tell where it is



Shi Krem creeps along the right wall, finally entering the room and not being forced to crouch.

Story Teller: Roll another stealth

Shi Krem:

Stealth 24



Story Teller sends secret roll

Story Teller: (To GM) rolling 25

25

= 25

Story Teller: You still detect no movement in the room



Shi Krem continues creeping along the wall, ignoring that corridor for now.

Story Teller: you can move more than a sq at a time.. 3 without taking penalties per move action



Shi Krem can see an arm.

Shi Krem: [does this system have 5 foot steps that still allow you a full round action after?]

[er, 1 square steps in this case]

Story Teller: As you move closer to the corner, you can see the vague outline of a B2 droid standing at the ready

Nope

roll another stealth

Shi Krem:

Stealth 30

Story Teller: It apparently still hasn't noticed you

Shi Krem: Would you support something such as being able to kill it in one shot since it still hasnt noticed me?

My plan is it step right next to it and put the blade emitter an inch away from its head and then ignite the saber for a split second.

Story Teller: You'd get a suprise round on it. becuase it's unaware of you, then its flatfooted reducing it's Reflex against your attack

There aren't any called shots in this system

It might still be able to dodge

Shi Krem: Ah, okay.

So its not eligible for a coup de grace?

Story Teller: he's not exactly helpless, just unaware of you

hmm

just looked at their rules for helpess so ya.. you can

you have to get next to it first though

Shi Krem: Man thats butts that theres no shift that still lets you full round after

Story Teller: Gotta say in my years of GMing.. I think this is a first...

Usually everyone goes in guns blazing

lol

alright, so make your Stealth roll to get up next to him



Shi Krem carefully pulls a small... something out of her utility belt, some pebble sized object, and lobs it to approx. halfway down the middle of the room.



Shi Krem is then going to follow behind the droid if it moves to investigate the sound.

Story Teller: Ping where you want to throw it

the room us 3x4 sq

3 high 4 wide



Shi Krem just wants to maneuver the droid to this square/



Shi Krem With it facing south as well.

Story Teller: so you'd likely want to throw in the sq below that

Shi Krem: Yeah, lets do that.

Story Teller: As it hears the sound, the room suddenly floods with illumination as it turns on a glowrod, No unable to hide in the darkness, the droid levels it's blaster on Shi Krem. "Intruder... Intruder." It's mechanical vocabulator calls out.



Shi Krem curses under her breath, now having to spring into action.

Shi Krem: [darn]

[I shoulda just approached it]

Story Teller: should woulda coulda. Your action



Shi Krem steps forward as she ignites her saber, only able to give a single slash.

Alicia G (GM): as a quick note. I've set up the tokens that you can click on yours and see the HP, Reflex and DT at a glance (that order)

Story Teller: In combat I'll change your HP using a script, but you're responsible for CT changes

Shi Krem: [oh yeah reflex is equivalent to AC right?]

Story Teller: that's the to hit target, yes

Shi Krem: [CT?]

Story Teller: damage threshold goes into effect with damage, if the attacks damage meets or exceed your DT then you go one step down the Condition track (CT) CT effects your skills, attacks and defenses. Each step applies a penalty

Shi Krem: [ooooh ok i just didnt know what the abbreviation stood for]

Story Teller: The CT chart and explanation is on p149 of CORE

Roll your attack

Shi Krem:

Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Energy / Slashing

Attack: 26

Damage: 18

Notes: Single Attack

DiceBot: Soldier lost 18 hit points.

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

The B2 droid levels it's weapon on Shi after taking a nearly devastating hit from her lightsaber.

blaster carbine

energy

Attack: 25

Damage: 20

Notes: PBS

it meets your Reflex, so you're taking damage

if you want to Defend your UTF roll has to meet or exceed 25



Shi Krem is going to use defend.

Shi Krem:

Use the Force 28

Round 4

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Sunny

Shi Krem: [how strict are you about talking during combat time?]

Story Teller: as long as its not a monologue...



Shi Krem quickly taps her comlink as she swings her saber. "I've been discovered, so far things are still under control."

Shi Krem:

Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Energy / Slashing

Attack: 13

Damage: 24

Notes: Dual Attack

Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Energy / Slashing

Attack: 26

Damage: 20

Notes: Dual Attack

Story Teller: ouch. You don't even get your 2nd attack in as your lightsaber shuts off

Shi Krem: [...fuck]

Story Teller: its 2 swift actions next turn to reactivate

Shi Krem: [well thats my turn i guess]

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Story Teller: Undeterred the droid holds it;s ground and fires once more

blaster carbine

energy

Attack: 12

Damage: 26

Notes: pbs, rapid shot

Round 5

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Sunny



Marina Numa responds over comms "Understood...."



Shi Krem spends the two swifts to reignite this piece of junk she calls a lightsaber.

Shi Krem:

Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Energy / Slashing

Attack: 15

Damage: 25

Notes: Single Attack

[...]

Story Teller: oh my....

Shi Krem: [Im building a new lightsaber]



Shi Krem drops her doublesaber out of frustration, drawing and igniting her legsaber as a free action.

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Story Teller: The droid continues his barrage

blaster carbine

energy

Attack: 23

Damage: 23 | Crit: 42

Notes: pbs, rapid shot

ouch...

Shi Krem: [in related news you've now seen the extent to which my rolls suck]



Shi Krem is going to defend.

Story Teller: You;ll take normal damage if you suceed

Shi Krem: [oh, what about negate energy?]

Story Teller: then you'd have to roll a 42 to suceed



Shi Krem ...is going to defend.

Shi Krem:

Use the Force 20



Shi Krem is going to get fucked.

DiceBot: Shi Krem lost 42 hit points.



Shi Krem went down 1 on the CT.

Shi Krem: [unless i go down 2 because it was over double my CT]

[*DT]

Story Teller: Distracted by the faults in her lightsaber, the B2 droid manages to get in a critical attack through Shi's defenses

no, just the 1 step

Round 6

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Sunny



Shi Krem radios in a lot more frazzled than before. "Okay things are starting to spiral out of control!"

Story Teller: This is when it sucks it takes 5 steps to go back up... you have to spend the swift actions over consecutive rounds, but you can spilt them up



Shi Krem is going to attack and then spend the two swifts moving up the CT.

Marina Numa: "Right. On my way... Try to fall back to meet me."

Alicia G (GM): you need 5 swifts to move up so 2/5 are spent

Shi Krem: yeah thats what i mean

Legsaber

Energy/Slashing

Attack: 17

Damage: 24

Notes: No one ever expects the legsaber.

[isnt there something about spending force points to retroactively boost a hit?]

[oh i guess a 17 was enough]

Story Teller: no need, but you can spend a FP on your turn to add to an attack or skill roll

Shi Krem: Do you have to do it before or after the roll?

Story Teller: I allow you to do so before I make my declaration of result

Shi Krem: oh ok



Shi Krem is gonna spend the next turn finally going back up the CT, putting the legsaber back in place, and picking up her doublesaber again.

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Round 7

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Sunny

Story Teller: From the hallway you just left, the sleeping soldiers pile into the room. One open fires covering his companions

blaster carbine

energy

Attack: 26

Damage: 23 | Crit: 42

Notes: PBS

Shi Krem: [...]

Story Teller: So... defend?

Shi Krem: Can I spend a destiny point to be able to negate energy that and the normal force point to heal by that much?

Story Teller: you can use a destiny point to negate the entire attack. just remember you only get them every other level

Shi Krem: [so I have 4 total?]

Story Teller: can't spend FPs when not your turn

Shi Krem: [but the thing for negate energy says you can spend a force point to heal for the amount you negated]

Story Teller: you get them on odd levels, so yes 4

that's if you pass the DC 42 check

Shi Krem: yeah which is why i want to use a destiny point to negate it even with a 20 i can still only get a 37.

Story Teller: You can use the DP to negate the attack, but not to use the power Negate Energy

Shi Krem: ...hmm okay. Ill negate the attack then.

Story Teller: kk

Describe your use of it



Shi Krem taps into the force, obtaining momentary clarity that allows her to dodge the blaster shots Matrix-style.

Story Teller: Alright, you're up

Marina Numa: "I've made it inside."

Shi Krem: How fast could i crawl through that tunnel to the north?

Marina Numa: we'll you're at half speed, so 6 sq in 1 round taking 2 move actions

Shi Krem: Could I do like, an acrobatics check to be able to go like, 4 or 5 squares per move action instead of 3?

Marina Numa: Are you trained?

Shi Krem: ...no.

Marina Numa: there's your answer

Shi Krem: Ok I'll just be scrambling through at 6 then.

Marina Numa: You'll take an Attack of Opportunity



Shi Krem is ok with that.

Marina Numa:

blaster carbine

energy

Attack: 13

Damage: 10

Notes: PBS

Shi Krem: [and thats six]

Do I have the room to safely ignite my saber in these corridors?

Marina Numa: it's 1x1m so you're crouching

Shi Krem: So no.

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Story Teller: One of the Delnian soldiers follows you into the corridor and fires not on you, but on the ceiling above you!

blaster carbine

energy

Attack: 14

Damage: 21

Notes: pbs, rapid shot

well lucky you... The cieling starts to crack, but instead of collapsing it just sprays you with some debris

Round 8

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Sunny



Shi Krem is not happy with this turn of events, and continues down the corridor as fast as she can, saying fuck it and igniting half of her doublesaber, keeping it pointed horizontally in front of her.

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Story Teller: He tries once more to collapse the cieling on top of her

blaster carbine

energy

Attack: 19

Damage: 18

Notes: pbs, rapid shot

nope

Shi Krem: "Im trying to make my way around, tell me if you spot any alternate exits. Being pursued."

Story Teller: blast it

Marina Numa: "Looks like I've found trouble too"

heavy blaster pistol

energy

Attack: 28

Damage: 23

Notes: PBS

DiceBot: Soldier lost 23 hit points.



Shi Krem tries to see if she can hear any blasterfire.

blaster carbine

energy

Attack: 8

Damage: 27

Notes: pbs, rapid shot

Story Teller: The line goes to static



Shi Krem furrows her brow as she runs down the tunnel further.

Round 9

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Sunny

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Six cots line the northern wall of this room, five of them occupied by unconscious humanoid figures who take ragged, pained breaths. At the southern end of the roo is a bloodstained table surrounded by medical equipment, over which a fusion lantern provides the only illumination. A deactivated 2-1B medical droid stands near the table.

Standing over one of the unconscious figures is a stooped Human soldier with bloodstains on his uniform and medical insignia on his epaulets. Although he is a healer, he stands ready to defend the wounded patients in his care.

Story Teller: The soldier following Shi, fires on her directly

Shi Krem: [inb4 crit]

Story Teller:

blaster carbine

energy

Attack: 11

Damage: 17

Notes: PBS

Strength 4

Round 10

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Sunny

Story Teller: 9

DiceBot: Marina Numa lost 9 hit points.

Shi Krem: Is there anything special you need to move more than the 5kg it specifies with the force?

Or is it just higher DC

Story Teller: 5kg is Move Light Object which is part of UTG, anything heavier is the Force Power Move Object

UtF

Shi Krem: what about pushing past an enemy occupied space?

Story Teller: what do you mean?

Shi Krem: Well my plan is the move to the start of that next corridor, force disarm the soldier ahead of me, and then push past him down the corridor on my next turn.

Story Teller: in these small tunnels you can't move through a space occupied by someone else

Shi Krem: Not even if I like, body slam him over?

They are small sized

Story Teller: I don't believe you can move through an enemy space anyways

normally you could since they're smaller, but again, the space is too small for you to pass with it already occupied

though it does say three sizes smaller or larger, and they're barely 1 size smaller

New plan?



Shi Krem moves to a space more open in the infirmary, force disarming the soldier ahead of her and, if successful, dropping his blaster at her feet.

Shi Krem:

Use the Force 32



Shi Krem stands ready, saber in hand.

Story Teller: you can either catch it (if you have a hand free) or have it drop in their space

Shi Krem: Yeah, catch it and then drop it as a swift in my square.

Ready to End Turn ?

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Shi Krem: [thats neat too]

[you have a lot of sweet macros i never thought were possible in roll20]

Story Teller: The soldier Shi just disarmed reaches for his blaster pistol and retreats

Advantage to being a mentor

I get to try out all sorts of neat things :)

The medic and soldier both fire on Shi

blaster carbine

energy

Attack: 13

Damage: 15

Notes: PBS

blaster pistol

energy

Attack: 25

Damage: 17

Notes: pbs

Story Teller: heh, medic had a better shot than the soldier



Shi Krem is going to negate energy that shot.

Story Teller: Roll UTF DC 17



Shi Krem cant actually fail the roll.

Shi Krem:

Use the Force 37

Story Teller: Sad time to use a 20

Shi Krem: [doesnt that mean all my force powers are refreshed?]

Story Teller: want to use a FP and regain the HP

yup it does that



Shi Krem is going to regain the HP.

DiceBot: Shi Krem gained 17 hit points.



Story Teller sends secret roll

Story Teller: (To GM) rolling 22

22

= 22

Story Teller: 1

DiceBot: Marina Numa lost 1 hit points.

Story Teller:

Strength 4

Round 11

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Sunny



Shi Krem books it down the next corridor.

Story Teller: Ever use way points?

Shi Krem: oooooh

I thought only maptool had that

Story Teller: I love using them

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Story Teller: to start you start dragging your token and hit space, then hold the token over the square you want to set the way point to and hit space again. you can keep going until you release the token in it's final square

Shi Krem: Yeah maptools got the same feature

Story Teller: it takes a little getting used to, but is rather helpful in maps like this where there's a corridors and corners

blaster carbine

energy

Attack: 6

Damage: 18

Notes: pbs, rapid shot

The soldier continues his pursuit

Use the Force 24



Story Teller sends secret roll

Story Teller: (To GM) rolling 23

23

= 23

5

DiceBot: Marina Numa lost 5 hit points.

Round 12

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Sunny



Shi Krem continues onward.

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

This medium-sized room contains three ramshackle tables. A deck of cards has been spread across one of the tables. The other two show signs of recent activity-alloy plates laden with partially eaten rations and cups filled with steaming liquid sit unfinished where their owners left them.

Story Teller: But that's not all she finds as she steps into the room to discover 2 more B2 droids ready to open fire on her!

Shi Krem: [wait doesnt shooting a ranged weapon in melee range provoke?]

Story Teller: They aren't in melee with you and I've never played it like that, but if you see the ruling that says so, tell me the sourse

Shi Krem: oooh ok

You only provoke when you use that special aim action

Story Teller: The 2 B2s fire with their carbines and the soldier fires with his pistol.

Shi Krem: In D&D if you use anything with the ranged descriptor whle someones in melee it provokes

Story Teller:

blaster pistol

energy

Attack: 9

Damage: 10

Notes: pbs

blaster carbine

energy

Attack: 20

Damage: 16

Notes: PBS

blaster carbine

energy

Attack: 18

Damage: 23

Notes: PBS

Shi Krem: [oh yeah, dont forget elusive target]

Story Teller: The persuing soldier fires from the corridor.

Shi Krem: [whenever in engaged in melee with something things shooting at me take an additional -5 on top of the -5 for shooting into melee]

Story Teller: you haven't engaged anyone in this room yet

Shi Krem: [yeah]

Story Teller:

blaster carbine

energy

Attack: 23

Damage: 18

Notes: PBS

Strength 17

Force Point 9

Force Point 6

whew

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Alicia G

Round 13

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Sunny



Shi Krem is gonna engage the droid shes currently fondling.

Shi Krem:

Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Energy / Slashing

Attack: 30

Damage: 26

Notes: Dual Attack

Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Energy / Slashing

Attack: 24

Damage: 22

Notes: Dual Attack

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Story Teller: The droid is no match to Shi's dual blades

Shi Krem: [so for me to count as being engaged in melee i have to have attacked a target adjacent to me and it survive?]

Story Teller: you have to be actively in melee combat

with a target, so yes

Shi Krem: mmkay

Story Teller: so if you're being attacked by a melee weapon or if you're doing the attacking you're considered engaged

blaster carbine

energy

Attack: 14

Damage: 20

Notes: PBS

blaster carbine

energy

Attack: 18

Damage: 9

Notes: PBS

blaster pistol

energy

Attack: 18

Damage: 12

Notes: pbs

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Alicia G

Shi Krem: "Have much trouble making it in?"



Marina Numa is extremely dusty and bits of debris litter her clothing and hair "Kriffers dropped the ceiling on me." She draws out her lightsaber. "Made me lose my favorite blaster."

Round 14

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Sunny



Shi Krem takes a step back to slash with one end of her saber at the remaining B2.

Shi Krem: [are there flanking bonuses or the like?]

Story Teller: Marina would have to directly on the other side of him

and it'd be +2

Shi Krem:

Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Energy / Slashing

Attack: 24

Damage: 24

Notes: Single Attack

DiceBot: 1 lost 24 hit points.

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Story Teller: They continue to concentrate their fire on Shi

blaster pistol

energy

Attack: 15

Damage: 15

Notes: pbs, rapid shot

blaster carbine

energy

Attack: 21

Damage: 22

Notes: PBS

blaster carbine

energy

Attack: 12

Damage: 18

Notes: PBS

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Alicia G



Marina Numa moves around the corner, bringing her lightsaber down in a heavy arc

Marina Numa:

Lightsaber (silver)

energy, piercing

Attack: 23

Damage: 19

Notes:

Round 15

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Sunny



Shi Krem raises her voice to address the Delnians. "Delnians! Lay down your arms! We seek no further bloodshed! If it is the Confederacy that you fear, the Republic can provide you all with protection!"

Marina Numa: Roll Persuasion

Shi Krem:

Persuasion 18

Story Teller: At least for the two that hear your words, the seem willing enough to at least pause in their next round of firing. "The Republic started this conflict and now you want to protect us?"

Shi Krem: "The Republic is here out of conflict with the Confederacy of Independent Systems. You have chosen to ally with the Confederacy because you have grown disillusioned with the Republic, yes? The Republic hears your grievances. And we, no, I wish for this to be resolved peacefully. As a Jedi it is my sworn duty to uphold the Republic."

[brb cat puked]

[back]

Story Teller: The men laugh. "If this war has proven anything, it is the Republic is doomed.Win the war or not."



Marina Numa shifts uncomfortably as the men laugh, she glances back at Shi before resuming her focus on the man who had dropped the ceiling on her.

Shi Krem: "And so you all would lay down your lives for a movement that exists only to use you, and discard you when that usefulness passes? Are you aware of the list of war crimes committed by the CIS? The uncountable civilian casualties, destruction of entire planets' ecosystems in the name of industry to support their war machine?"

Soldier: "One could say the same of the Republic, only the CIS are the only ones with the courage to speak up against their atrocities. At least the CIS hasn't enslaved an entire people to fight their war for them. We fight freely."

"I suppose if the Chancellor says the enslavement of your clone soldiers is alright, then everything is."

Shi Krem: "They were bred for war. And while I was opposed to their creation, I have come to see them as a necessity, as brothers in arms. The CIS raised an army illegally on the backs of large corporations seeking to expand their profit margins. This war was never about freedom. This war was started over a desire for conquest, to fuel the greed of the corporations backing the Confederacy."

"Surely you must understand? The Republic cannot survive if it is splintered. We must come together as a whole."

Soldier raises his weapon ready to fire. "Then surrender, for we won't"

Shi Krem: "I'm afraid that's not an option." She sighs lightly, the grip on her saber tightening.

Soldier: The two soldiers exchange a look and the one near Marina nods.

Story Teller: resume turn order...

Shi Krem: [Is weapon sundering a thing in this?]

Story Teller: technically Disarm

there's a Jedi talent iirc that allows you to sunder weapons



Shi Krem will attempt a disarm then, or just flat out slicing up the blaster if you'll allow it.

Shi Krem: [I didnt see anything jedi talent wise]

Story Teller: There it is.. Attack an Object CORE 151

Shi Krem: [ah yeah]

[this is gonna be tough]

[but its better than just killing them]

Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Energy / Slashing

Attack: 31

Damage: 18

Notes: Single Attack

[so its their ref +10 + side modifier]

[size]

Story Teller: except they don't reference object sizes.. going to draw that from SaV

Shi Krem: [well it syas a blaster pistol is small size]

[unless this ones holding a rifle in which case theres no size mod cause its med]

Story Teller: small is -5

Shi Krem: [i thought it was a +5 to ref defense]

Story Teller: You manage to sunder his weapon ( the math works in my head so shhh) and the soldier looks up at you in mute suprise.

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Story Teller: Rather then pushing his luck he retreats back down the hall and falls prone as his companion further down fires on the ceiling at the corner

blaster carbine

energy

Attack: 24

Damage: 18 | Crit: 32

Notes: pbs, rapid shot

Shi Krem: [dang they love critting]

Story Teller: Causing the passage to collapse on top of Shi

Take 8 damage

Shi Krem: [boy howdy do I wish i took the move object power]

DiceBot: Shi Krem gained 8 hit points.

Story Teller: You're completely covered and you'll begin to suffocate each round you can't get out

blaster pistol

energy

Attack: 17

Damage: 22

Notes: pbs, rapid shot

Shi Krem: Oh boy, i saw how much fun numa had with it

Story Teller: heh

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Alicia G

Shi Krem: "Numa! Nonlethal only!" She tries to call out from under the rubble.

Story Teller:

Use the Force 34

Alright out of combat for the moment. Make a Str check



Shi Krem is going to UtF to hold her breath while she's trapped.

Story Teller: Going into a trance?

Shi Krem: [nah its a use added in the knights book]

[DC 15 to be able to hold breath for double your con score rounds]

Story Teller: What's your con?

Shi Krem: [10, so 20 rounds worth of breath holding]

Story Teller:

Strength 12

You can hear the sound of digging coming from the direction you know the room is.

Shi Krem:

Strength 17

Story Teller:

Strength 17

Shi Krem: [dang shes got 16 str?]

[hella ripped]

Story Teller: make a STR?

Shi Krem:

Strength 10

Story Teller:

Strength 21

Finally Marina is able to pull you out

call High or low

Shi Krem: [low]

Story Teller: 13

you were able to keep a hold of whatever you were holding when the ceiling collapsed

Shi Krem: [aka my lightsaber]

[dang that was close]



Marina Numa pants from the effort from having to dig and pull out Shi Krem. "See... not fun at all"



Shi Krem gets to her feet. "Where'd the one you were fighting go?"

Marina Numa: "Well after I drained his weapon he retreated down that hallway" She points to the one to the south.

Shi Krem: "And you came from the north? You passed a passage that turned off to the right, correct?"



Marina Numa nods

Shi Krem: "Right, so the only areas we have left to recon are the way he went and that passage to the East.

In Marina: "At least I think so.. They dropped the ceiling on me before I got to the corner."

Shi Krem: "I'm leaving it up to you whether you want to stick together or split up."

"I've got a feeling we're going to loop back around to this room regardless."

In Marina: "Quarters are cramped, but they don't seem to have any qualms in collapsing this place."

"I'll follow behind in case they decide to keep crushing us."

Shi Krem: "Understood." She makes her way over to the southern corridor. "Oh, thank you for pulling me out."



Shi Krem ignites her glowrod and straps it to the front of her utility belt to provide hands free light.



Marina Numa grins "You're welcome."



Marina Numa follows behind at a safe distance

Story Teller: You find a door



Shi Krem tries the handle.

Story Teller: It opens to the outside

Shi Krem: "..."

"Are you kidding me."



Shi Krem peeks her head around outside.

Marina Numa: "Guess one of them escaped.."

Shi Krem: "We could've come in this door to begin with. The one not covered by heavy blaster turrets."

Marina Numa: "Seems like it was pretty well hidden, Not even the scouts knew of it."



Shi Krem returns inside and closes the door behind her. "Anyways, we just found our exit point. Let's double back and take that other corridor."



Marina Numa moves back into the living area so Shi can lead the way into the next corridor.



Shi Krem pauses to stare at the B1 suddenly in her face.

Story Teller: This B1 seems to be the one managing the emplacement, as he spots you he pulls out the light repeating blaster rifle from the aperture and prepares to fire it.

Round 16

The Previous turn is done.

The next turn has begun!

Sunny

Shi Krem: "...hi."

[was that movement to get in here still on my turn? or is this technically a new turn]

Story Teller: him pulling out the weapon was his turn

Shi Krem:

Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Energy / Slashing

Attack: 15

Damage: 21

Notes: Dual Attack

Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Energy / Slashing

Attack: 27

Damage: 24

Notes: Dual Attack



Shi Krem wastes no time in dispatching the droid.

Story Teller: Before he can fire you manage to cut him down



Shi Krem checks the emplacement to make sure it really is a dead end.

Story Teller: other than the aperture measuring 1m x 20cm there's no way out other than cuting your way through

Shi Krem: "Okay, this emplacement's out of commission, lets make sure the other one is too for our advancing troops."



Shi Krem signals her for yet more backtracking.

Marina Numa: "That way is blocked

Shi Krem: Can I cut through it?



Marina Numa calls as Shi starts heading back the way she'd come.

Story Teller: It's more a matter of stabalizing the ceiling and moving the material. Marina had to literally dig and pull you out as more of the ceiling caved in around you.

Shi Krem: "Well if this way and the way I came from is blocked, we're effectively cut off from the base. We need to get through this rubble."



Marina Numa looks past Shi dubiously. "I could keep the debris above us in place, but you're going to have to get through on your own... If I let go then you could be trapped on the other side."

Shi Krem: "I can secure the other emplacement and then radio for the assault to begin, they'll bring the tools needed to get me out."

"And barring that I can cut my way out of the front of the other emplacement."



Marina Numa nods. "Ok then... Let's do this."

Shi Krem: "I couldn't have done this without you, Marina."



Marina Numa turns to go back into the living area and taking a seat just outside the passage takes a meditative position. "Ya... Just give me a minute before your start giving me laurels.. I've never actually done this before.. Just seen it."

Shi Krem: "I believe you'll be able to manage. I need only a few seconds to make it through."

Marina Numa: "I'm not going to be able to move the debris and hold what's above it. You'll have to dig your way through."

Shi Krem: "Understood." She slides her saber into its holster, preparing to start digging with her actually pretty claw like hands.



Marina Numa takes a deep calming breath.

Marina Numa:

Use the Force 32

"GO!" she says between clenched teeth



Shi Krem starts digging like crazy/

Marina Numa: Make 2 Str checks

Shi Krem:

Strength 10

Force Point 4

Strength 8

Marina Numa: DC 15... so neither make it

Try as you can, you can't get through that first layer

Use the Force 24



Shi Krem draws her legsaber as a free action and starts hacking away.

Story Teller: The debris, with no where to go ends up just melting where it is.

turning into larger pieces.

brb

back

You can keep making Str rolls

Shi Krem:

Strength 11

Strength 9

[curse my 9 str]

Story Teller: As you begin to dig you notice that the ceiling is beginning to come down, replacing what you take away

Shi Krem: "This isn't working."



Shi Krem retreats back into the room.

Marina Numa: "I lost... Just need a minute and I can try again..." Sweat drips down her forehead, apparently unused to this mental exertion this telekinetic feat requires.

Shi Krem: "Plan B. We return outside and I cut a bigger hole around the hole for the blaster emplacement.

Marina Numa: "Works.. though we need to get through before the gunner inside puts dozens of holes in us." She thinks for a moment and goes over to one of the droids accessing its weapon mount.

"Hmmm... "

Shi Krem: "Can you rig one of those droid's integrated arm blasters to overload?"

Marina Numa:

Knowledge (Technology) 25

"I think so. It's going to take some work, but I can rig it. Going to need an energy cell for each though. Once I take it off it won't be powered anymore."



Shi Krem tosses her the spare energy cell from her utility belt.



Marina Numa rummages in her utility belt for the energy cell and mesh tape. Making use of the tools on her belt she takes apart the arm and lays all the pieces out on the card table.

Shi Krem: [or that]

Marina Numa: From her belt she puts on a visor which goes over one of her eyes, The HUD shows a myriad of schematics. Finding the one she wants she gets to work.

Mechanics 25

Alicia G (GM): that was pitiful...

Marina Numa:

Force Point 6

Shi Krem: [dem double 6's]



Marina Numa tosses the finished juryrigged bomb to Shi. "Activate the firing mechanism and count to 3..."



Marina Numa puts together a 2nd one for good measure using the energy cell Shi gave her.

Marina Numa:

Mechanics 31

"We should be able to stuff these through the grates."

Shi Krem: "Perfect, you're a lifesaver Marina. Lets get going."

Marina Numa:

Wisdom 4

Shi Krem: [pfft]



Marina Numa grins.

Shi Krem: [did it get dark or]

Alicia G (GM): I used different illumination out doors...

there you go

Shi Krem: [glorious sun]



Marina Numa follows behind, hugging the wall as they get within range of the emplacement



Shi Krem readies one of their IEDs, preparing to prime it as soon as she gets underneath the emplacement.

Story Teller: The emplacement spots them and takes a shot as they start to round the corner

light repeating blaster

energy

Attack: 5

Damage: 12

Notes: autofire

It shoots past them both sputtering the ground nearby with blaster fire...



Shi Krem really digs her feet into the dirt to close the distance before it can fire again.



Shi Krem primes the device and shoves it through the opening into the bunker, retreating back down beneath the opening before it goes off.

Story Teller: lessee..let's make it s 3d6 grendade

roll a ranged attack (dex+bab)

Shi Krem:

Attack: 31

Damage: 16

Notes:

[woops forgot to change the damage]

[3d6]

rolling 3d6

(

4

+

5

+

5

)

= 14

Story Teller: 27

The grenade has the desired effect of eliminating the droid, but not just with the explosion. The cliff side collapses in on itself as the room and tunnel within fills with debris.

Shi Krem: "...too much?"



Marina Numa shrugs. "Well.. you did ask for an explosion...."

Shi Krem: "Well so much for that." She taps her comms. "Commander Shi Krem reporting, relay the message. Attack unnecessary, send a cleanup crew instead to mop up stragglers and excavate collapsed tunnels."

Marina Numa: "Though I didn't quite expect it to be THAT big."

Story Teller: "Aye, Sir. Will relay new directive."

Marina Numa: "Too bad we couldn't have collected somethin from there. Don't really have anything but more work to show for Commander Drega."



Shi Krem slides down to sit against the emplacement. "Main force'll be here within the hour, and the Delnians have probably all fled through another side tunnel." She looks over to Marina. "I passed through an armoury and full infirmary on my way to you, with any luck they're still holding up, will just take a bit of digging to get them."



Marina Numa follows suite to sit next to her, turning the droid wrist blaster in her hand examining it. "True enough. Or they're trapped in there."

Shi Krem: "Well then our force will be here within the hour to rescue them and secure the base. There's nothing more for us to do."

Marina Numa: "Except wait... or go back to base."



Marina Numa disables the activation switch. and removes the energy cell returning it to Shi.

Shi Krem: "I'd like to oversee the cleanup operation before returning to base." She slides the cell back into her belt, wincing a bit as her injuries finally start catching up to her.

Marina Numa: "Guess we have an hour to kill then."



Shi Krem pulls her legs into a criss-cross position, taking a deep breath as she begins to enter a force trance.

Story Teller: With the mission completed the only thing left to do is to wait for the advancing forces to catch up to them. While command is disappointed at the delay having the excavate the bunker to retrieve the supplies and rescue the trapped personnel within they mark the mission as a success.